Friday, November 30, 2007

Part 4

Ok so I told my friends that this can't just be a "and then he woke up and saved the day" type of story. It's got to be unexpected, intriguing (sp?), high-flying, exciting, adventerous, thri-ok I think you get the point. I've got christmas music playing, light's on, it's a near-perfect creative-juice-free-flowing environment (I would have a cup of Egg Nog next to me, but I'm going out to eat in not too long, because of a BYU vs. U*** bet I won with my young mens leader). Anyway, at this point, as I'm typing this very sentence, I have no idea where this story is going. So say a quick prayer and (hopefully) enjoy.

As Rick came-to, he heard an unfamiliar voice,

"This yours?"

His eyes slowly adjusted and he saw that the creepy hooded man was spinning his ball on his middle finger. Rick's immaturity shone through as he wondered if the man was spinning on his middle finger for any particular reason. Up close Rick could see that the man was probably no older than 26 or 27. He had black hair, and those deep, cold, piercing eyes. He had some stubble on his strong chin and high cheek bones. He looked like a guy who had been through a lot.

He was laying on hard white mattress that reminded him of the hospital. The room wasn't big, but not small either. It was actually kinda homey (don't laugh at that word, if you do, you're...dumb). The walls were a warm, tan color and the carpet was a clean, inviting, yet creepy shade of black.

"Umm, ya. But you can have it if it'll get me outta here." Rick hoped that he sounded, mature, tough-like.

"Haha," the man chuckled, "I imagine this is all really strange for you."

"What is "This"?" Rick asked, scared and annoyed.

"For now, I just want to ask you some questions, then I'll take you home"

"Umm, okay" Rick said, figuring he was in for more than just some questions.

"Why do you like soccer?" the man asked.

"It's fun" Rick replied, not wanting to go into detail.

"Go into detail"

"Ok, it's unique, simple, you can always get better...it kinda defines me" Rick said

'What the crap' thought Rick 'I wonder if this has anything at all to do with what I saw in the cemetary.'

"What's your favorite color?"

"Green, do you want an explanation?"

"Yes"

"It's rich, has depth, and makes me smile."

"Interesting, what is your greatest fear?" the man asked.

"Not having control"

"Why?"

"Does it need explanation." Rick replied with an edge in his voice, he tried to make it more of a statement than a question.

"What do you think about death?"

This caught him off-guard.

"Death?" Rick repeated, trying not to sound scared, though he knew he did.

"Yes"

"It's sad, and I think interfering with it is a big mistake" he hoped the man got his message.

"Ok, for safety I need you to wear a blindfold, or I can just knock you out again"

"I'll wear the blindfold"

"Fair enough"

3 comments:

Superman Survivor said...

Ha! I'm finally the first person to comment. Anyways, that was awesome for not knowing what to write about. That end part was pretty creepy too. I can't wait to see what's going to happen.

Anonymous said...

josh i thought i told you to stop stopping at good parts!!!!

Kate said...

Hey! I thought I was the coolest cousin ever! And yes, please stop stopping at the good parts! Have you decided what to name it yet? I would help you out and give you a few suggestions but I (obviously) don't really know where it's going either. Good luck. It is a really awesome story!