Friday, November 16, 2007

My Story That Has Yet To Be Named Because I Don't Know Where I'm Going With It; Part 2

Ok first off, for the ridiculous amount of comments regarding "Kylie" aka Camille, my next door neighbor: I'm over her, but that doesn't mean I can't think she's attractive. From this moment on, "Kylie" was never in the story, and I don't want to hear any mention about it. Sheesh! I make one reference to a girl and all the teenage guys (and my dad!) have to make some smart comment about it.

Rick jumped out of the hole and then was suddenly glued to the spot.

"What now?" he thought as he looked back in at the knife and picture, "I've seen them, and I can't just pretend I didn't, it'll haunt me for years"

He quickly scanned the area to see if anyone was watching him. When he saw no one was around he thought,

"What am I doing, it's a frickin' picture and a knife, they're not going to attack me."

Gently he lowered himself back into the hole and picked up the picture. He wiped off the mud with the sleeve of his sweater and held the picture up to see it in the dim light. What he saw caused him to drop the picture as if it were on fire.

It was him! He was in the picture with an old woman who he had never seen before.

After a minute he again he regained his composure and managed to pick up the picture again. As he looked more closely, he could see he had been poorly photoshopped into the picture. The proportion of his body to the tree next to him was all wrong.

"What the crap!?" he thought slowly, "I'M IN THIS PICTURE!"

Having lost all feeling, he slowly lifted himself out of the hole and covered it with the plywood as it had been before. He started to walk home when he something caught his eye.

A hunched figure staring right at him from across the cemetary.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

oh, too short, too short!!! make it longer!! jk, it's looking really good.

Anonymous said...

FREEEEEEEEEEEAKY!

I'm lovin' it!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Josh.

You're giving me a little taste of my own medicine with a short snippet of action and then leave it hanging. It's really not very nice :-)

Anonymous said...

Josh you are freaking amazing! Why wouldn't didn't you show off your story writing talents on here before! Oh and it is really nice to be all caught up.

Kate said...

Nice. I almost commented on your last portion of this story, saying that I understand that you can be completely over someone, but that doesn't mean you never want them to look at you again. I am totally with you on that. Thinking back, I can't remember why I didn't comment then. Hmm, oh well. Write some more, really fast. Please.