Monday, November 19, 2007

Plan of Happiness

My uncle died last night. I don't really know what emotions I'm having if any. I loved him, and still love him, with the greatest love possible for someone who I never really knew. It's hard and I know that most of you who will be reading this will understand the situation. But through all of this, I'm just glad that I know that I can see him again, that he is happy, and that he didn't die at some random moment, Heavenly Father took him back at the right time. I know that, and I'm so glad that through this hard situation, I have the knowledge that our savior loves us and died for us and someday, I'll see my uncle John and get to know him and see what a great guy he was.

Who indeed can harm you if you are committed deeply to doing what is right?
- I Peter

4 comments:

Thomas said...

TOTALLY AGREE

heidi said...

Thank you for your words. You put it so well. I sure love you!

Tiffany said...

Josh and everyone, I'm so sorry to hear about John's passing. I hope you'll all be comforted at this time.

Take care!

James said...

Amen Josh. Well said. It is nice to know that although death is hard to deal with; thanks to the gospel we have comfort and knowledge that we will see our loved ones again.