Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Stealing Ideas From My Aunts Blog

For one of her posts, my aunt gave 30 blog posting ideas. One was to describe what it's like to argue with you, and another was to list your obsessions. I am going to combine these and post my first real BYU post, because today we have a HUGE game that I'm psyched about.

First of all, I don't recall ever losing a BYU vs. U*** argument, it doesn't happen. Now I'm going to list stats, my opinions, and anything else I can think of explaining why BYU is the better school. Please don't let this offend anyone, I just love BYU, and if it offends you, grow up.

1) Heisman trophy winners: BYU 1; Utah 0

2) Ty Detmer All-Time Passing Yards: 15,031; Utah All-Time Passing Leader: Not even close to 15,031

3) National Championships: BYU 1; Utah 0

4) Steve Young went to BYU

5) Record between BYU and U*** from 1972-1992: 19-2

6) Current Coaches: BYU: Stud, Bronco Mendenhall; Utah: Traitor, Kyle Whittingham

Don't Read this Kate:

7) Doesn't the church run BYU?

8) U*** fans make the arguement that President Hinckley went to Utah, who named BYU's Stadium?

9) U*** fans make the arguement that Brigham Young founded U***, DUH! BYU is named AFTER him!

10) U*** fans always make the arguement that U*** holds the all-time record. Ya, but you know what, the biggest reason is because back before anyone who is currently living was born, BYU was horrible! CONGRADULATIONS UTAH! BACK WHEN FOOTBALL DIDN'T MATTER, YOU WERE GOOD AT FOOTBALL! WHOOPDEE FRICKIN' DOO!

My last current, off the top of my head, listable reason:
11) 89 words:

Snap to John, John backpedals, plenty of time, plenty of time, plenty of time, he's moving to his left, shuffling, shuffling, shuffling, all kinds of time, now the heat comes, he's gotta run to the right, John Beck is on the run, he throws behind him it is...CAUGHT FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! CAUGHT FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! CAUGHT FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! JOHNNY HARLINE GOT IT FOR THE SCORE! HARLINE, BY HIMSELF IN THE ENDZONE! THE COUGARS WIN IT! ON THE FINAL PLAY OF THE GAME!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!

Go Cougars.

6 comments:

heidi said...

Beautiful. We owned TCU tonight. Fabulous. Rise and Shout.

Anonymous said...

I like how you wrote UofU like a swear word. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Not that I agree with you at all, but you're still hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!THAT WAS SOO FUNNY!
Actually, I sort of agree with you. If Byu wasn't almost good, there would be no pleasure in beating them. Please remember that I have nothing against the academic side of BYU, only the football team.

Thomas said...

Wow, can you remember that whole final call play? or did you look that up? oh yeah, the new name of my blog is: www.mygeniusmind.blogspot.com. yup, so love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Whatever, Josh. I still love you.