Friday, March 25, 2011

Experiences I will never forget

Being in the epic flash mob (seen here) with Elizabeth during the Wyoming game.

Spending 3 days with just me and Nate in my apartment over Christmas break. I would have been very lonely without him.

Taking Matt to his soccer game and leading him in warm-ups.

PPIs with my dad.

So many long talks with my mom. And laughing about all of the good times we've had.

Nate being just as excited about me breaking 1000 as I was.

Matt's celebrations. Everything from his TOPS soccer games, to basement football, to the primary program.

Texting Elizabeth. Even if she did get a phone before she was 16 ;) I actually really like texting her :)

Analyzing BYU football, BYU basketball, Nate's soccer, my own soccer, march madness, bowl games, commentators, high school sports, church basketball, USA soccer, and so much more with my dad for literally hundreds of hours.

Getting hot chocolate with my mom after a freezing soccer game. And seeing how excited she was/is for my mission call. And going and getting mission suits with her. And knowing that she'd defend me and stand by me no matter what. (I really love my mom :)

Quotes over the years:

"You'll have to excuse your mother, she thinks she's musical." -Dad

"SORRY GUYS! I JUST TOOTED AND IT'S PRETTY BAD!" -Elizabeth

"Nanuts" -Matt (his version of "Numb Nuts")

"Holy Hail!" -Mom

"I don't want to read scriptures! It's just a book about a bunch of righteous people!" -Nate

So many more, but that will do. And I know you had to be there for most of these, but this post is more for me than for you :)

5 comments:

Kate said...

Such a good post. I love my family too. I don't know about you, but my appreciation for my family increased by about 200% when I moved out.

Shua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LIz said...

Thanks and Thanks! and i don't have anything to say about the third one

Leslie said...

I loooooved this post, Josh! And, Elizabeth, it must be a girl thing. Brianna is the gassiest person I've ever met, and the LOUDEST!!

Lindy-Lou said...

I love our family more than anything in this world. So glad you're part of it, Josh.

Here's a new bound-to-be-famous quote between Les and me. Well, I actually said it. "How's your gas?" Does it help to know she was driving at the time? I didn't think so. It didn't help at the time either.