Tuesday, March 22, 2011

12.5 Random Thoughts at 12:50 AM

Doesn't Mr. Clean look like a rough and tumble kind of guy? Can you see that muscly, bald, tank on his hands and knees washing the kitchen floor? I sure can't. False advertisement, I say.

It's funny how a mission call can have so many effects on you. One minute, I smile and think, "I can't wait to be a missionary." The next, I think, "Oh my. I better call Mom and Dad right now. I can't do it. What do I know about missionary work? Who am I to preach the gospel? I'm unqualified and unprepared." Luckily, I have a firm testimony of prayer.

I have long, heated conversations. With no one. Just me. Versus myself. I'm pretty good at winning these arguments.

Girls are SO much different than boys. I know this isn't groundbreaking. Just an observation, thank you very much.

Even though one of my roommates is super weird, I feel very blessed to have formed the relationships that I have with my roommates. They are great men of faith. I am very proud to say that I come from Kimball, 209.

Every morning (lately), I wake up with a random song stuck in my head. It's never the same one and varies from Rebecca Black (is that her name? The super annoying "Friday" song on youtube?), to Billy Joel, to Akon, to primary songs.

Blackberries bloom beautifully.

Did you hear that the makers of YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook are all teaming up to create the ultimate social networking site?? Cool, huh!? It's going to be called, YouTwitFace.

I've been listening to Herod the Fink lately. Yep. Christmas songs. I love them. And I'm going to miss them.

Over the summer, I had a job painting a fence for a family in my ward (it was a big fence). I often find myself wishing that I was back in the sun, the smell of paint strong in the air, and music (or Harry Potter 7 hehe) blasting in my ears. I loved that job.

I have dreams on a regular basis that I get to play pick-up basketball with Jimmer Fredette. He's usually impressed by my three-point shooting.

Good friends are the greatest blessing. Man. There are so many good people in this world. It amazes me.

I was just thinking that sunflowers

7 comments:

Jesse C said...

Love this post Josh.

LIz said...

Did you come up with the YouTwitFace? That is probably one of the funniest things i have ever heard.

Leslie said...

Loved this!!

Kate said...

I love this post. So much. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

John said...

You get to dream about Jimmer, lucky. I'd for sure trade a flying dream for a Jimmer dream.

Lindy-Lou said...

Great post, Josh. Can't wait for the week-end!

Dad said...

By the way, the quote is, "You'll have to excuse your mother, she thinks she lives in a musical." Janet *thought* I said "... she thinks she's musical."

Just trying to set the record straight.