Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanks For Commenting even though it was misleadingwhen I saw that there were 7 comments because thomas and matt both posted twice

Fine dad, I won't be *just* like you. I'll only be *mostly* like you. Jk, thanks to everyone who commented.

I wrote this in 9th grade.

Oh What Fun It Is To Water-Ski

I hear the zipper and now I’m awake
My muscles are sore and I’m starting to quake
Soon I remember, the sooner the better
Quickly goes on my black, hooded sweater

A little hot chocolate I quickly sip
And I try to forget about my sore hip
After a bite of muffin, we’re on the lake
And the feeling I’m getting is sweeter than cake

I slip off my shirt and I want to dose
A whiff of smoke softly brushes my nose
I remember last night, with the music and laughs
A little more sleep could’ve helped my calves

I quickly dive in, and catch my breath
The soreness in my muscles now feels like death
I surface the water and slip on my ski
Ah! Now it’s warm, I just went pee

I’m on top of the water and it’s smooth as glass
No boats to see, no boats to pass
This feels like heaven, I’m totally free
My soreness forgot, I don’t feel so achy

With freedom of motion, I zig and I zag
The tighter the turn, the less the sag
As I make a cut, my body moans
I’m gonna hit the water, I feel it in my bones

I hit the water, as hard as concrete,
Again my body and the soreness meet
I was just getting dry! Now I’m all wet
I search for my ski, which I swim to get

I’m limp and tired and back in the boat
Oh, how grateful I am that it can float
“Give me a rest!” is my body’s plea
Yet oh what fun it is to water-ski


"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

Thomas said...

oh, sorry josh. i didn't mean to anger you, hahaha.

Thomas said...

yes, i'm posting a second time, i'm sorry, but wow, i just watched that mr. woo's soccer show thing. dang!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha that poem is sweet!

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

Hey, sry for the multiple commenting. I like to mislead, what can i say?

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

Sry for the 2nd or 3rd if u want to count the one i deleted. teeheehee. No, just letting u know that it is me.

Matt M.