Thursday, October 4, 2007

Stumped Already

Ya so I am already not sure what to post. I mean, I have plenty of ideas, but I don't know what ideas will be worth reading. So this is a short narrative that I wrote in 9th grade. We had to write a twist into a fairy tale. Enjoy! (I hope)

Happily Ever After?
Pete Pig here, the second pig, stick house, you know the one. I’m here to set the record straight on this so called fairy tale. This is the way it happened.
So all of a sudden somebody stomped on the porch, they stomped at the front porch because any knock loud enough for me to hear inside will knock the house down. So I gingerly opened the door and there was my idiot brother Patrick standing there quivering and shaking like a little baby.

I’m about to ask him what he did to get mother angry when I see an angry wolf flying down the path towards my house. I grab my brother and throw him into a chair. I slam the door without thinking about what would happen if I slammed the door. The impact from the slam loosened and cracked the mud and three sticks fell from the roof. This made me even angrier and I began to scream at my brother asking him what happened.

He told me that the wolf had knocked on his door asking him if he could come in. Without even finding out what it was the wolf needed, my brother called him brainless buffoon and told him to get off his porch and never come back. Now as everyone knows, wolves have very short tempers, and obviously the wolf got a little upset. He then knocked his house down. I don’t know where the “huff and puff” came from but the record shows that he just ran my brothers house right over.

Just as Patrick finished telling me this, there was an angry knock at the door followed by the sound of a slobbering wheezing wolf. He then screamed to my brother that he was not going live to see the next day. Thanks to the wolf knocking on my door and screaming, my already unstable home collapsed in a heap of dried mud and sticks. At first all I could do was sit and stare.

THAT HOUSE TOOK ME YEARS TO BUILD!!

I then called the wolf something I shouldn’t have and ran for my life to my brother Parley’s house. When I ran inside, Parley, AKA Einstein, was playing some Warcraft game, unlocking some super-mega ultra ninja man that could wipe out any guy in the game with his 3 billion point thunder fire power attack. To put it short my brother is a nerd. Regardless to say I was grateful for the warmth and safety of his expertly designed brick house.

At this point the story has been confused with the wolf trying to climb in the chimney some other weird endings to the story. What happened was that he simply knocked at the door asking for me. I quickly hid in a closeet as my brother began to explain to him some complex story involving the square root of the hypotenuse of the distance from my house and so on and so forth. Eventually the wolf just asked bluntly if I was in the house or not. My brother told him that I went through the back. The wolf then dashed through the house, out the back door and kept running, never to be heard of again.

3 comments:

heidi said...

beautiful story. a post worth reading.

Leslie said...

That's great! Keep it comin'!

Anonymous said...

very interesting.