Friday, October 19, 2007

Quotable Friday!

Hey, sorry that last post didn't work, I wasn't really thinking about what would happen when you all commented. But that last post did inspire me to start a new tradition:

Quotable Fridays!

Every Friday I'm going to quote 1-3 movie, tv show, or music lines and hopefully they will be hard enough that it'll work. We'll see. But first things first: (sorry, for some reason my computer won't let me italicize or bold anything so it might be hard to move from music line to answer)

1. This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
Remember the Name by Fort Minor. This is a great "get pumped before a game" song, I know it from BYU highlight videos.

2. Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet, just a man and his will to survive.
Of course, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, again, a great get-pumped song.

3. Join in the fight, that will give you the right to be free.
Do You Hear the People Sing from Les Miserables. I don't really like any other music from musicals, but I really like Les Mis

4. Lift me up so high that I cannot fall.
Flood by Jars of Clay. I really really liked this song for a while and now I'm a little burned out, still a cool song though.

5. You've got me stealin' your love away, 'cause you never give it.
Time For Me To Fly by REO Speedwagon. What can I say, I'm my fathers son.

6. I don't know what it is, but I have to laugh when she reveals me.
She's Got A Way by Billy Joel of course, I used to love the Rockin' Billy stuff (still do) but I'm coming to appreciate more his mellow classics.

7. Did you think that I would cry on the phone?
Swing Swing by All-American Rejects. Of the small array of newer music that I have, this is one of my favorites, I had to throw some in that you old-timers wouldn't know.

8. It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
Time Of Your Life by Green Day (actually I just found out that they didn't write this song, but I've never heard the original and I don't know who its by) one of my favorite songs.

9. We should get jerseys, 'cause we make a good team.
Must Have Done Something Right by Relient K. This is another song in my small "newer" collection. Awesome song.

10. I think sometimes you forget where the heart is.
Empty Apartment by Yellowcard. I like this song, but not as much as most of the songs on here.

(I am really enjoying this, so I'm going to do 5 more)

11. Reaching ever upward to the light, no growth for them has come with ease.
Constance by My Uncle Jesse (hmm thats going to sound like it's the band name) no really, it's by my uncle, whose name is Jesse. I think it might bug him or crack him up (correct me if I'm wrong Jesse) but I still like his older stuff)

12. I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your friend, but I am.
Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might Be Giants. If you like comedy style music (like Weird Al) you have to listen to They Might Be Giants.

13. Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow, you don't stop.
Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson. Currently, this is in the 18 way tie for my favorite mellow song.

14. What will it take till you believe in me, the way that I believe in you?
Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel. What can I say about Billy, he says it all in his songs.

15. Have you ever heard the sounds in the shadows of a song?
Every Ship Must Sail Away by Blue Merle. Blue Merle holds like 5 of the 18 top mellow song slots, they're awsome.

Hard to say who the winner is, Matt got all but 3 (in the comment I deleted) but he googled all the ones he didn't know and I don't totally trust that he knew all the ones he said that he didn't google. I hope that was fun though!

Quotable Friday Mystery Quotes:

I believe there is a time for meditation in cathedrals of our own.

If you give me 99%, my job will be very, very easy.

3 comments:

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

Josh, just because you can't accept that i am a musical freak-genius doesn't mean that u have to doubt my honesty.

~Matt (the freak-genius)

Anonymous said...

I totally know the first quote. Am I supposed to put the answer here to prove it?

I have no idea about the second quote but it sure sounds like something you'd hear around the "office" wink, wink.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking a wild guess at the first quote, so I'm going to say The Sound of Music. As for the second one . . . hmm I really don't know. By the way, great minds must think alike. I was going to do a quote post too, even before I read this. Weird. Maybe I'll have Quote Wednesdays instead. =)