Thursday, October 18, 2007

Music is Great

In case anyone hasn't been able to tell, I think a lot. And I love things like quotes or songs that me think and get inspired/excited. Today I'm going to write some of my favorite lines from some of my favorite songs and you guys see how many you can name the song or artist.

If I had money to burn, I would offer some kind of prize, like a gift certificate or something, but unfortunately I don't have money to burn so your motivation is how happy you'll make me by commenting.

1. This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name. (for those of you who know this one, don't worry, I listen to the clean version)

2. Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet, just a man and his will to survive.

3. Join in the fight, that will give you the right to be free.

4. Lift me up so high that I cannot fall.

5. You've got me stealin' your love away, 'cause you never give it.

6. I don't know what it is, but I have to laugh when she reveals me.

7. Did you think that I would cry on the phone?

8. It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.

9. We should get jerseys, 'cause we make a good team.

10. I think sometimes you forget where the heart is.

(I am really enjoying this, so I'm going to do 5 more)

11. Reaching ever upward to the light, no growth for them has come with ease.

12. I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your friend, but I am.

13. Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow, you don't stop.

14. What will it take till you believe in me, the way that I believe in you?

15. Have you ever heard the sounds in the shadows of a song?

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

P.S. Sorry, I didn't think about how you will all be able to see what other people guessed, so just write the ones you know (i.e. I know 3 for sure, and I'm pretty sure about 12, 4, and 8) and tomorrow I will reveal the answers.

9 comments:

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

Wow! I couldn't even come close to Matt. But I did get the two Billy Joel songs (surprise, surprise) and the Eye of the Tiger.

That was fun!

nicole rose said...

Ok I know number 1 is Fort Minor-Remember the Name aaaand I'm not sure but is 7 Swing Swing?

Anonymous said...

I am not looking at what everyone else has written.

#2 is Eye of the Tiger.

#6 Billy Joel from Cold Spring Harbor

#8 One of Jesse's songs from his acoustic stuff

#11 Another one of Jesse's songs from his acoustic stuff.

#12 They might be Giants.

#13 Jack Johnson

#14 Chicago, I think?

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

Well, i am pretty amazing...

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

^
That's me.

~matt

Jesse C said...

I don't think I've ever been quoted before, so that's cool. James, #8 is not mine, but I have played it before.

Anonymous said...

dang, i thought i would be pretty good at this, but i only got 1, 7, 8, and 12. dang

Thomas said...

i know that one was "remember the name" - fort minor (i'm glad to hear about the clean version) two was "eye of the tiger" - survivor, and 7 i know is "swing swing"