Saturday, August 30, 2008

Almost an exact copy

Well, I don't really know what to post about and I know that my blog is getting boring to read, but for right now I'll copy my cousin Kate's blog and tell you about school and football (yes, again, I know).

So my schedule:
A days:
1st: AP Calculus; pretty good so far, I have a funny teacher who explains the concepts pretty well so far. I think I'll pass the AP Test.
2nd: AP American History; SO much easier than AP Euro. No comparison. But I still look forward to learning a lot in that class.
3rd: Creative Writing; Easily my best class this semester, in fact I think I'm going to drop one of my second semester classes so I can take Creative Writing 2. You'll probably be reading a lot of what I write in there.
4th: Percussion Ensemble; Well, what would school be without percussion? Marching band is...well, not just getting to me, it has bored (sp?) a hole in my skin and infected me, leaving few moments free of thoughts regarding marching band.
B days:
5th: Seminary; I have a really awesome teacher and what appears to be an awesome class. I can only hope that it will be better than my class last year.
6th: English; Much harder than originally expected. I have an interesting teacher, who makes a point to swear during every class period, but I think I'm going to learn a lot from her.
7th: AP Calculus Lab; basically a Calculus study period/study hall. This will certainly ease the burden of two AP classes.
8th: Physics; I have a hilarious teacher and I look forward to learning physics. Because it's math-based, I think I'm going to do very well in that class.

BYU FOOTBALL STARTS TODAY! MY INSIDES ARE BURSTING WITH EXCITEMENT!

This is a poem that I wrote in creative writing (hopefully no one is offended, it's meant to be a "racist against white people" joke poem).

Just because I'm white

Just because I'm white,
Doesn't mean I can't jump,
Doesn't mean that I'm slow,
And doesn't mean I can't put on a show.

Just because I'm white,
Doesn't mean I can't rap,
Doesn't mean I can't groove,
And doesn't mean I can't get funky and move.

Just because I'm white,
Doesn't mean I'm not sick,
Doesn't mean I'm not chill,
And doesn't mean my name can't be li'l

Why can't I be tight?
Why can't I flirt?
Why do I find it necessary to tuck in my shirt?
Oh yeah, just because I'm white.

6 comments:

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

I like the poem!!! I'm white too!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Missionary said...

Ha ha that poem is totally me!!!! Lol oh boy ya it is good to see that you quarter back didn't cry during or after the game. You guys seem to have a big problem with that. Sometimes I even wonder if their are men out on the field playing for BYU. :) You schedule sounds awesome!!! I am totally feeling you on the marching band I hate it also!!

Thomas said...

haha, love that poem. BYU owned! and i know we hate utah, but they beat michigan!!! ya!!! michigan's garbage! and USC owned!

Anonymous said...

Love your poem.
Love your tag.
Love you.

Grandma

Jesse C said...

Holy dang! AP Calculus? That's sweet. I am really impressed. Everyone told me that AP classes were worth it, but it didn't really hit home, until I realized in college that they would allow me to graduate a semester earlier than I would have.

Kate said...

Dang! AP CALCULUS! Wow, I could fly to the moon sooner than I could do that class. :) You are awesome. It's ok if you want to copy my idea, cuz my title is funnier. :)