Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who am I? 24601!

So in Creative Writing we are working on a poetry project where we have to write many different styles and formats of poetry. Because this is the first of the year, our teacher is making ourselves and our personalities the topic of many of our poems. I think I'm going through the classic high-schooler-trying-to-find-his-identity phase. I say this because as I try to write these poems about myself, I realize that other than soccer player, water-skier, wannabe-writer, and mormon, not a whole lot describes me, and the first three of those are pretty shallow descriptions (in my mind). I don't know, maybe I just don't want to open the depths of my soul to my creative writing teacher.

(If you don't get the title of this post, don't ask.)

5 comments:

Matt said...

I think i get the title. Anyway, it is not hard to think of things about yourself. The only obstacle is making it so you don't sound cocky. My suggestion; don't worry about sounding cocky because it's going to make your poem better if you lean on that side. And if it's all true, then why would it make you sound cocky?

!Matt!

Thomas said...

well discover yourself and you'll discover the truth. did that sound deep? cause i was just making that up on the spot. pretty good huh?

Your Friendly Neighborhood Missionary said...

How you discover yourself is not by looking at who you are but what you do. What have you done in the past week by yourself and with other people? That is what will describe you.

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

You're Jean Valjean!

Jesse C said...

Did I ever tell you that in England, the tape player in our car stopped working, so me and my Estonian companion would sing Les Mis songs at the top of our lungs when we drove around? I'm pretty sure that was the nerdiest thing I have ever written.