Sunday, July 27, 2008

Always On My Mind



Sadly, I have only been skiing three times this whole summer. A sad let down from the 17 days of skiing that I had last summer.


I finally got a new ipod and bought myself an itunes gift card (due to the fact that I didn't have to pay a penny for my new ipod!). So lately I've been thinking about what music to get, any suggestions would be welcome.


This season's theme is "Quest For Perfection." ...'Nuff said.


If only...


My team just finished a tournament. We beat my old team, beat Sparta premier, tied Rangers premier, and lost to the top team in the state for our age group in the final. I played pretty well and we're pleased with our result. I'm so incredibly sore.


The strain of drumline captain is getting to me. I've always taken it seriously when people have said to me, 'You need to go home and practice and have that ready to play by tomorrow.' Clearly this isn't the case with everyone. Grr...


Oh my goodness, this movie is incredible. Freaky, but incredible.

Now, regarding the situation at work that you all want to hear about: I can't tell you anything until it's all over, I'm sorry.

8 comments:

Thomas said...

wow, i wanna see batman soooo bad!!! maybe we could see it next saturday when i'm there after efy!!! what's this whole work situation thing?

Jesse C said...

Congrats on the tournament. I feel your water skiing pain, I have not been out at all this summer. I can't wait to see The Dark Knight.

Superman Survivor said...

Holy Cow. I read an article in the newspaper about Bronco Medenhall just barely. It's going to be an awesome season. I can't wait.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Missionary said...

Ha ha too bad that BYU ain't going to do nothing!!! Oh and aren't you guys a little late on the the perfect boat? Utah had theirs in 2004 with Urban Myer. Man you guys suck. :)

Shua said...

Umm, this weird date is popping into my head connor, something like 1984...oh yeah, I think we went undefeated in 1984. thats weird...

Lindy-Lou said...

We have not had the boat in the water all summer. Lots of other good stuff has happened this summer, but the boat is still dry. Do you think there is any hope of changing that??? Remember the weather was threatening that day in June, and as it turned out, it was ok in the afternoon. There must be a lesson there somewhere.

James said...

music recommendations:

Pinback (This is Pinback)

Arcade Fire (either Funeral or Neon Bible are incredible)

Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrott)

Sigur Ros (Takk)

The Format (Interventions and Lullabies)

Drum Beats Man said...

Love the smurf :) Robbing that image for my profile