Saturday, March 1, 2008

Update and FIV info

Ok, so I didn't make the team. This was going to be a venting post about all the things that I'm frustrated about, but instead I'll tell you my biggest frustration which is: I know that my best is good enough for the high school team. This means one or a combination of two things:
Either 1) I didn't play my best
or 2) I wasn't noticed out of the 75 or so players that tried out.
Luckily I'm still going to have a place to play this spring and, while I'm still pretty upset, I've decided that the only thing that I can do is work harder this year than I did last year so that I can make the team next year (you know, besides swearing at the coaches and those who did make the team who [in my opinion] didn't deserve it :-))
Anyway, I'll probably have a post about it in the future when I'm not as fired-up about it, but for now I'll just take my anger out by becoming a better player.

So without further ado, from Kate I need:
22 adjectives
5 "thing" nouns
6 food items
1 movie
3 frustration phrases (like "dang!" or "rats!")
8 verbs
4 adverbs

Note to Kate: When is it again that we find out how our stories did?

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ah, darn! So sorry, I know how that feels (in a way; I don't play soccer.)

Ok, for the adjectives:
silly, nasty, happy, grusome, glamorous, portly, moldy,hilarious, skinny, delicious, deceased, decapitated, Democratic, Republican, hard-hearted, smelly, flashy, damp, muscled, vomitous, gorgeous.

Nouns:
bookcase, microwave, Corvette, basketball, shovel.

Foods: popcorn, fishsticks, chocolate pudding, bean and cheese burrito with jalapenos, grilled cheese sandwich, caviar.

Movie: The Princess Bride!

Mormon swear words: Snap! Crumb! Dash it all!

Verbs: leap, walk, slouch, stretch, run, swear, read, sleep.

Adverbs: slowly, politely, quietly, loudly.

Last time I entered, I got my letter of dissapointment at the end of April. I'm guessing they'll keep the dates the same.

Leslie said...

Have I mentioned that I don't particularly like your HS soccer team this season? Oh, well, I just realized it after reading this post!
I'm sure they'll be better next year!