Saturday, March 8, 2008

Quotably Quotable

These are a bunch of my favorite quotes, some I got from movies, some I got from my dad’s favorite inspirational quotes, and some are from songs. If you want to guess what they’re from, that’s fine, but I’m not numbering them or making it a contest. Enjoy! (Sorry if I don’t get some of them word for word.)

You think you are some kind of Jedi or something? Waving your hand around like that?

Desire is the pilot of the soul.

Shootin’ BB guns and sippin’ lemonade, this is the way friends are made.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and world remains and is immortal.

I’m Louie Lastic, naval family just moved here from Baylor, somebody said football, so I come runnin’. What’s goin’ on everybody?

You would think that this would bring me happiness, if at the end of every rainbow there was a treasure chest. Sometimes havin’ more is really less, take a look inside yourself, you’ll realize your really blessed.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.

What’s the good of all those push-ups if you can’t lift a bloody log?

It’s somethin’ unpredictable, but in the end it’s right, I hope you had the time of your life.

If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away, I’d write it all.

A man will never know all that he can do unless he undertakes more than he possible can.

Do you believe in miracles? YES!

Did you think the play sucked bigtime?

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they never stopped to enjoy it.

You mean, you’ll put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword, and we’ll try to kill each other like civilized people?

You should know, everywhere I go, you’re always in my mind, in my heart, in my soul.

For we are always what our situations hand us, it’s either sadness or euphoria.

Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart, like why are we here? and where do we go? and how come it's so hard?

8 comments:

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

Those were some freakin' deakin' awesome quotes. I actually knew a lot of them too!

Superman Survivor said...

Ya, I've seen a lot of these. It's pretty awesome how you got this sweet collection of great quotes.

heidi said...

Princess Bride and Remember the Titans....classics!!

Thomas said...

nice, i like all these. my favorite: "someone said football, so i come runnin'"

Jesse C said...

Those are some great quotes. I'd like to add one to the list.

"If I ever get really rich, I hope I'm not really mean to poor people like I am now."

-Jack Handey

Anonymous said...

I don't go for the "deep" ones but i like the really funny ones.

morganne said...

BTW, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." is one of my favorite quotes ever. Ever.

(I shared it in seminary the other day....)

Heather said...

some killer good quotes...love it!!