Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Trepidation/The Antics and Adventures of Rick Rick Ricky, Ricky Raccoon Part 5

The ride was strange and his head throbbed. He thought about trying to keep track of how many turns they took and how long between each turn, but after a while he realized that according to the turns he was keeping track of, they were going in circles.

After what seemed like hours the car stopped and the man finally spoke,

"Get out" he said.

Rick took off the blindfold and saw that he was just a block away from his house.

"You could drive me the rest of the way if you wanted to." said Rick, trying to lighten the mood and make the guy happy.

"Ha.....Ha......Ha" the man mockingly laughed, "Just shut up and get out of the car"

"Sheesh, who peed in your cheerios?" Rick said as he jumped out of the car and ran off with his ball. He glanced back and saw that it was an old tan Acura Integra without a license plate.

It was late and the rain had really picked up. As Rick passed one of his neighbor's houses he glanced inside to look at their massive clock. 9:15.

"Wow, I must have been blacked out longer than I thought." Rick rubbed the back of his head and nearly fell from the excruciating pain. He couldn't remember ever going through that amount of pain. He glanced at his hand and saw that it was covered in blood.

"Oh man," Rick thought aloud, "I didn't realize that it was cut open" He wiped his hand on the wet grass and shoved his hands into the front pocket of his hoodie.

"What am I going to tell my parents?" he thought. As he approached the corner where his house was, he sat down on the curb and thought about what he could say. He didn't know if he really wanted to tell them. He figured it was the right thing to do, but it just didn't feel right.

"What would they even do anyway?" he thought, "I have no proof, no way to lead them anywhere, just a story, that's all, just a story."

5 comments:

Thomas said...

don't tell me that that's the end.

Thomas said...

whoa, you couldn't really read that. i said "don't tell me that that's the end"

Shua said...

that's not the end, silly

morganne said...

ummm...I'M NOT IN IT!!...yet. ;) (oh, and you're welcome for my comment.)

Anonymous said...

I never liked tan cars. Now they scare me.