Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas

Sorry to those who are expecting an addition to my story, I'm not in the mood today. Since it's Christmas, I'm going to do a survey I got from my dad (who got it from my cousin). However, because most of my answers will be similar to my dads, I'm going to do it twice, once by answering the questions in the form on the song title that comes up when I'm on shuffle, and once normally. (Sorry if that didn't make sense to you.) (Oh, and sorry if this doesn't really work out, I'm just giving it a shot)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? 7 Minutes in Heaven
2. Real tree or Artificial? Put Your Head on my Shoulder
3 . When do you put up the tree? Here (In Your Arms)
4. When do you take the tree down? The Power of Gold
5. Do you like eggnog? Anxious
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Angels We Have Heard on High
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Stuck To You
8. Hardest person to find a gift for? Nocturne
9 . Easiest person to find a gift for? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? 52nd Street
11. Snow or Sunshine on Christmas morning? All Of Your Love
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? I'll Follow
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Song for the Asking
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Barbara Ann
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Come Fly With Me
16 . White lights or colored on tree? Cutlery
17. Favorite 3 Christmas songs? Eensie Weensie Spider, Sway, Please Come Home For Christmas (Weird, one of them actually was a Christmas song, I just don't like it that much)
18. What gets you into the holiday spirit quickly? The Christmas Tree
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Play the Game Tonight
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Big Man On Mulberry Street
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Roll With the Changes
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? Flake (Ok the truth is that the song that actually came up was "Brightly Beams our Fathers Mercy" a song I have sung by InsideOut, but it didn't seem right to put on this question.)
23 . Favorite ornament theme or color? Cling and Clatter
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Falling Over
25. Favorite Christmas memory? Blind Frail
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Bridges
27. What Christmas-y thing would you like to keep all year round? Blind

Ok that didn't really work very well, but it took way too much work to just erase it all, so here goes the real one.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whats the fun in a gift bag? You don't get to rip anything up, I thought that that was the whole idea, get out your anger because you didn't get what you wanted.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL! My parents want us to get an artificial one next year, but I'm going to get a real tree, or die trying.
3 . When do you put up the tree? ASAP after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? NEVER! Well, I wish we never did anyway, something about the tree brings the Christmas spirit.
5. Do you like eggnog? HOW DO PEOLE NOT LIKE EGG NOG??? To quote my dad, "I wish there was some vital nutrient that you could only get from egg nog"
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably when we got a nintendo 64, I was convinced my parents would never get one.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? If I had time, I'd count them all, but it's got to be over 600.
8. Hardest person to find a gift for? I have yet to learn the art of Christmas shopping, pretty much everyone is hard for me.
9 . Easiest person to find a gift for? My brother matt, if it's wrapped, he likes it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Snow or Sunshine on Christmas morning? SNOW! (8) I'm dreaming of a white christmas (8)
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? Without a doubt, It's a Wonderful Life, although I do love Elf as well.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I can shop for 24 presents for 24 people in 24 minutes on Dec. 24th
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I ever have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Egg Nog, no question
16 . White lights or colored on tree? White
17. Favorite 3 Christmas songs? Just 3? The Gift (The King's Singers) Patapan and Farandole (The King's Singers) (It's a you-have-to-be-there kind of thing with that one) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (no preference of artist)
18. What gets you into the holiday spirit quickly? The Tree
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, come on, it's symbolic
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christas Eve, the rest on Christmas, does anyone do it differently?
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? I have to agree with my dad on this one, that sappy song "Christmas Shoes" Blecht
23 . Favorite ornament theme or color? Rich, natural colors, none of this bright fluorescent (sp?) crap.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing.
25. Favorite Christmas memory? hmm Waking my parents to notify them that we had gotten a sled for Christmas (Elizabeth and I had snuck out to look at the presents. Consistently getting together with my cousin Alex every Christmas to try out our new stuff together.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Wii (Pray hard, donations will be accepted)
27. What Christmas-y thing would you like to keep all year round? The spirit and the anticipation.

Sorry for the length, I tried to keep it interesting.

7 comments:

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

Dang I totally agree with pretty much the whole thing. Oh and the thing that brought the christmas spirit was the same for your answer and the shuffle songs which was pretty crazy.

Kate said...

Oh my goodness I just laughed so hard! About the first part anyway.

Some comments on my favorites:
1. Yes! The phrase is "unwrapping presents" not "taking presents out."
2. I'm with you, fake trees are just so . . . . fake.
12. Favorite elf quote: "What's a Christmas Graham? I want one!"
26. May the force be with you. (Hopefully that doesn't sound totally random.)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life. Love it. That, and chinese food. Just ask Jordan.

heidi said...

So if my computer wasn't in the process of breaking, I'd leave 19 comments. Apologies.
"You smell like beef and cheese"...Elf is classic. For the record, Eggnog Creamies are heavenly. Absolutely Perfect! Merry Christmas

Superman Survivor said...

24 presents in 24 minutes eh? Pretty awesome I also totally agree on the tree. If I did this that would be my choice. Although one thing that I don't totally like, which is very much against your list is eggnog. I don't hate it though.

jani vegas said...

I agree with almost all of your list Josh. But, just think, with an artificial tree we could put it up earlier and leave it up longer thus helping you feel the Christmas spirit that much sooner--and later.

Anonymous said...

Ok, the first survey was kinda confuseding me.

~Matt