Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Here I Sit

So here I sit in a mostly empty dorm room.

I think about the memories I've made and the people I've met.

My ears are still ringing from the roar of the crowd as Jimmer sinks a three.

My butt is still sore from sitting through 5 and a half hours of testimonies (yes, in one day).

My abs still hurt from hours of laughing with FHE sisters and ward members.

My mind is still full from cramming for finals.

My emotions are confused, wondering where the time has gone, unsure whether to be anxious for the future, or sad to leave the past. I've been looking forward to being a freshman at BYU since I was in the womb. Now it's over.

I'm forwarding my mail onto Farmington, my heart on to Missouri.

I'm going to miss this place.

5 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Loved this post. Very well written. Loved it.

Jesse C said...

Great post. For a while there, I was worried that you were getting too excited for your mission to appreciate your last bit of college life for a while. Doesn't seem like that happened.

We've got to set a time to record. Let me know what works for you.

Kate said...

Great post.

Jillian said...

Once again, you have a way with words.

Lindy-Lou said...

Just read this one again. It is really a keeper. I hope you do. Keep it, I mean.