Monday, April 4, 2011

Not Meant to Embarrass (though it probably will)


This is my dad.

My dad is an amazing man.

I could write for pages about my dad.

I won't.

One interesting thing about my dad, he worked really hard in high school as a wrestler and (as is the case with most wrestlers) got very strong. This strength came from hours in the wrestling room and gym. My dad has broad, strong shoulders. He's just built strong. My dad doesn't go to the gym anymore (sorry dad, secret's out) but he still looks like he does push-ups every night. I wish I had inherited this. I don't show the muscle that I occasionally have when I do buckle down and work out. And I usually just don't have any muscle.

Tonight my roommate (who was a linebacker and wrestler in high school and is built somewhat like a tank. or train.) convinced me to suck it up and do push-ups with him. Needless to say:

I'm a wuss.





(But just wait, in a month, I'm gonna be HUGE.)





(Yeah, right.)

4 comments:

Dad said...

Thanks, Josh. I'm not embarrassed. Just thankful for good genes.

Kate said...

I hereby challenge you to a push up contest at the end of a month. I need to work out too. Climbing season is almost here.

jani vegas said...

Sorry about the wimpy Nilsen genes ):

Lindy-Lou said...

Johnny was always a star. Nice tribute and well deserved. (I used to call him that sometimes, Josh.) I like to reflect that I contributed to the gene pool, though not especially to the muscle part - more like the immune system what with all the green drinks, etc. ;)