Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Playlist!

So if you haven't seen, I just put a new playlist on my blog :) I thought it was time for a change. I tried to pick a variety of songs so that hopefully everyone will find something they like :) Here's what I picked and why:

1.Forever; Chris Brown
This song reminds me of several things. It reminds me of the episode on the office when Jim and Pam get married and they play this at their wedding. Haha I laugh every time I think about it. Plus, it also reminds me of being in the flash mob with Elizabeth at the BYU basketball game that I posted about a little while ago. So fun. It's just a great song, and a clean Chris Brown song (which is rare).

2. Hallelujah; Shrek (not really by Shrek, but it's from the soundtrack)
I've been obsessed with this song lately. It's just a sweet song with sweet lyrics, great vocals, and a seemingly good message, though I haven't really read into the lyrics all that much...

3. Piano Man; the greatest songwriter of our age, in my opinion, Billy Joel
Ah, probably my all time favorite song. I don't even know what to say about it. Classic. Beautiful. Genius.

4. Hotel California; Eagles
This song is just a great acoustic guitar song with thoughtful lyrics, which many think is referring to drug addiction. I've looked into it and the Eagles all swear that it isn't...Who knows. Either way, it's not a bad message, it's saying that you can't escape it once you start. Not promoting drugs. No worries.

5. Tonight; FM Static
Boy-band-ish. Cliche. 90's. Love it. Reminds me of certain people and certain experiences that I've had.

6. All These Things That I've Done; Killers
I pretty much just like this song for the middle part. "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier." That section was on a BYU football video that they played before the 4th quarter to get everyone pumped in the stadium. So sweet. The rest of the song is alright too :)

7. Let It Rain; Living Things
Back in the day, my dad found a song called "Bom Bom Bom" by Living Things. I always loved it and it was just a sweet rock song. I showed it to my friend who liked it so much that he found some more stuff by them, and introduced me to this song, which has become one of my favorite rock(ish) songs.

8. Angel; Shaggy
Haha just a sweet, reggae-type song. It also reminds me of certain people and my senior year. Love this song.

That's all for now, have a good one :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

2,3,4 are all favs of mine too. Funny how our posts correlated. I didn't read your blog before writing my music post, cross my heart.