Monday, November 3, 2008

Quiz TIme

So my dad has his 40th birthday party a week or so ago. My mom had me make a BYU quiz because byu was the theme of the party. So, since I don't really have time to post anything else, I'll post my quiz. I know there are a few people who already know the answers, so I'm sorry that this is kinda lame for you, but I don't really have time for anything else.

Cool, Complicated, Quiz of Cougar Comprehension

1) What year did BYU go undefeated and win the National Championship?



2) Who is the only BYU player to win the Heisman Trophy and what year did he win it?



3) How many BYU quarterbacks have won the Davey O’brien award? (Extra credit if you can name them)



4) What BYU player won the Doak Walker award?



5) Which generally overlooked BYU quarterback passed for more career yards than Steve Young (hint: the first 5 are: Detmer, Beck, McMahon, Bosco, Walsh. Steve Young is 7th, who is sixth?)



6) From the stretch of 1978-1984 BYU played in the same bowl game every year, what bowl was it?



7) Who gained the most all-purpose, yards in their career for BYU?



8) Who gained the most all-purpose yards in a single season for BYU? What season was it?



9) What receiver caught the most passes in their career for BYU?



10) Tie breaker (if needed): How many yards did Ty Detmer throw for in his career? (try to be the closest)

3 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Can you see the big "L" on my forehead? If I had paid attention at your Dad's party, I might have done well here. In my own way, I also love BYU football.

Thomas said...

hmmm, i knew a couple of those. not very many though, you stumped me.

Jesse C said...

What the heck? I've been going off Leslie's blog that lists when there are new posts from people on her list. Yours has remained unchanged for five weeks, so I was coming on here to ask you to write again. Apparently there is a glitch the system. I'm glad to see you haven't quit blogging like your dad has.

I took this at John's birthday party and I was pretty confident in most of my answers, but I did worse than I thought.