Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Change in Blog Theme

I was thinking today. I've been really sick of the world lately. Sometimes I get frustrated that we live in the most wicked days the world has ever seen. There is so much filth all around us and quite frankly, it sucks. So far, this blog to date has been a place for me to tell you about my life, fill out surveys, talk about byu, and post my story, but for now, I want it to be a place where I can talk about churchy stuff. I'm not saying that every post will be solely churchy stuff, like I might post about my life once in a while, participate in a tag or two, and probably mention byu more than you want to hear about it, but for the most part, I want this to be my own little spiritual sanctuary. So for my first thought:

The other day I was feeling like life was getting too hard. Not to the point that I'm suicidal or anything even in that realm, but I was just feeling what I stated above: living in these times sucks. So I said a little prayer that as I read my scriptures I would receive a little motivation, a little boost as to why this was all worth it. I already knew the answer, but I thought that it was a valid topic to dedicate my scripture study to. The first scripture I read was Mosiah 14:3-5.

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

That's why it's worth it. Because he wants us to return home so much that he was wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities and I know that with his stripes we can be healed.

And that is my thought of the day :)

4 comments:

Shua said...

That chapter is one of my favorites in the B of M!! I always go there when I need a little pick-me-up to remind me why it is all worth it. You are great Josh, and I think the filth out there sucks too. But, (I know they tell you guys this ALL the time and you probably get sick of it) God sent you here at this wicked time because you are up for the challenge and this sinful world needs youth just like you to be a light and an example of truth. I love you and you are fabulous.

MOM

Thomas said...

sweetness. i'll see ya soon

Kate said...

You are my hero. I'm not even kidding.

Lindy-Lou said...

Thanks for this post, Josh. We all need that scriptural reminder often. It's hard to find a reason to complain when we look to the Lord. I'm really, really glad you were willing to come now when the world really, really needs you. Here's another one for you: "Be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work".