Wednesday, February 13, 2008

False, black bear

Ok, so for whatever reason, I can't use italics, bold, any of that, so I'll just do my best to make sure that you can identify questions/answers.


What gave you the idea for Trepidation?

Well, I just kinda thought, "what's the most intense thing I can imagine happening to me?" and I figured that finding a knife in an empty grave would have to be right up there, so I wrote about that.


When you wrote it, did you have the plot laid out in your mind, or did you just go where it took you?

I completely followed, I was never in the drivers seat. I got that first idea that I already talked about and then made it up as I went.


What is your favorite class in school?

I really like English. I have to admit that I really like seminary too.


Have you ever gone skiing/snowboarding? Did you like it?

Yes, I have gone skiing a few times and I did like it, but it really just doesn't measure up when compared to water-skiing.


Who's your favorite cousin who lives in California that's a boy?

I don't know what you're talking about, I have a TWIN that lives in California, but not a boy cousin. (Inside joke.)


Best thing about High School?

GIRLS! Jk, umm...probably the "A day" "B day" schedule, it gives me so much more time to procrastinate, I mean uh, do my homework.


Hardest thing about being 15?

Waiting to date/drive.


Who is the one person you want to most emulate?

Not including our perfect example, I would have to say my dad and my grandfather (I know I'm a cheater, I chose two). I deeply admire their love for people, work ethic, standards, love for the gospel, trust in the lord, the list goes on and on.


Which bear is best?

That's a ridiculous question.


If you could be someone else for one day, who would you be?

Wow, that's a hard question...probably Ronaldinho. Then when I saw him do incredible things with the ball, I'd be like, "Psh, I've done that, it's not that hard...for him."


If you could be any age, how old would you be?

24, not old, not stupid (by that I mean in the young, immature way), possibly married, that's gotta be the best time in life.


Can you describe yourself in one word?

Yes...oh, do you want me to do it? Hmm, probably...striving, I don't know what the adjective form would be, I can't think right now.


What do you look forward to most, dating or driving?

Man, I don't know, probably driving. I've been looking forward to driving since I was two, but I've only been looking forward to dating since I was...three. :-)


If you had to choose one city to spend the rest of your life in, where would you go?

Either Farmington, Utah or Oakley, Idaho.


What do you think of Toby on The Office?

Some episodes I feel bad for him (i.e. Michael: "This is an environment of welcoming and you should just get the h*** out of here") But then some episodes I think he's kind of a creep (i.e. Spending the whole time at the bar to win a stuffed animal for Pam.) But mostly I just think that he's a left-out, not-fully-happy, guy who people need to be nicer to.


If you had to choose between the U.S. winning a World Cup and BYU winning another national championship in football, which would it be?

Oh my goodness, I think this is the unanswerable question. I really don't know, I mean, BYU has already won a national championship, so maybe I'd like the US to win the WC, but then again, BYU football is pretty much my life, but then again, the WC is a way bigger deal, but then again I couldn't rub a WC win in Utah Fan's faces, but that doesn't seem like a very righteous desire. I really don't know, you stumped me.


Pirates vs. Vikings. Even numbers and weapons. Who wins in a battle?

Oh come on, VIKINGS! Vikings had ships that were the size of flippin' football fields! Be Mighty. Be Viking. VHS!


Is your school really segregated into groups like jocks, cheerleaders, choir kids, trench coats an magic cards, etc.? If so, which "click" do you think most people would group you with?

Well, my first instinct is to say no, but then when I think about it...if I had to describe someone that my friends didn't know to them, but I knew that they had seen the person before, I would probably say, "You know, those emo kids who sit over by the clock," or, "They stand over by that hall that leads to the seminary building." But as far as jocks, cheerleaders, etc. not really. If people had to put me in a group, they would probably say the soccer players, but I really don't know.


What has been your most creative Halloween costume?

Well, I didn't come up with it, but one year I was an M&M. Another year I was a "bum on the street." Neither are super creative, but not too bad.


What has been your most clever comeback when someone was talking smack?

EFY advisor: "I don't hate BYU, it's just not for everyone."
Me: "Neither is the celestial kindom."

Various people: "Ya, well we beat you in '02, '03, '04, and '05."
Me: "How many national championships again? How many Heisman Trophy winners again? How many conference championships again? What did you recently win a national championship in? Dancing? Ooo, look out for those dancers, they'll kick your butt."


Are you getting tired of these questions?

A little, but not too much...yet.


Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?

Home from a mission, attractive wife, 1 kid, good job, possibly a career lined up in writing.


What's the best thing about being a teenager?

The chance to start forming the life that you want to have.


Worst?

The fact that we're forming the lives that we're going to have.


What is your earliest memory?

Hanging out at Tom Durrant's house. Riding big wheels around the cul-de-sac. Forming "clubs."


If you could be a character on the Office, who would you be (and Jim doesn't count)?

Jim doesn't count? Ah, come on. Michael, so that I'd never puke my heart out. Toby, so that people would feel bad for me. Ryan, so that I could boss Michael around. Pam, so that...hmm, I don't know, she's normal. Phyllis so that I could kick butt at "Flonkerton."


If you were a girl would you be a dumb blonde, a brunette, a redhead, or multi-colored?

Well, in case you haven't noticed Matt, I do have brown hair...


If you could go to any college in the U.S. where would you go?

BYU


What is your biggest fear?

Losing a family member.


What would you consider your perfect moment (i.e. Place, time, people your with, food your eating, drink your drinking, etc.)?

On a houseboat, just finished skiing, eating iced oatmeal cookies, with my whole extended family, everyone's happy, everyone is on the boat, playing a game.


If you could choose where you got called on your mission where would you want to go?

Probably Brazil, or Hawaii, or Jamaica, I don't know, wherever they need me I guess.


If you had three wishes what would they be?

1) Most good-looking individual on the planet. 2) 1976 white, untouchable, forever-lasting Corvette. 3) Cure for diabetes.


Who is the girl that you would most like to take on a date?

Pam Beesley :)


What's the funniest dream you ever had?

This probably isn't the funniest, but I can't think right now. The other night I dreamt that I was in this homeschool group and we felt like we had recieved revelation that we needed to build the next temple, but it wasn't church approved. Yeah, that was a weird dream.


What's the scariest?

One time I dreamt that my sister died. That really freaked me out.


Thanks everyone. I hope you learned something. I really answered them honestly.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome, I really learned more about you. I choose to ignore your answers that have anything to do with B**, but they did make me laugh. I think you should move to Idaho, you seriously won't regret it. A homeschool group that wants to build a temple?? Weirdness. Every time you mention The Office it gives me a pang of sadness because I don't know what you're talking about. And the US should win a World Cup, B** fan's heads have been under extreme pressure since 1984 due to inflation, another win would cause them to explode. Now I know you are B** fans, but I would still hate to see so many empty spaces at family parties. j/k, I love the Crowley family tons even though you are B** fans.
Sheesh, this is a super long comment, sorry.

Tiffany said...

Fascinating. Truly fascinating. And I truly believe that there's a Pam Beesley out there waiting for you!

James said...

this was fun. great answers.

Thomas said...

hahaha, i learned a lot about you! that has gotta be one of the greatest comebacks i've ever heard, hahahaha i'm gonna use that one, do you have you permission?

Jesse C said...

That was a lot of fun. I have to say, I'm proud to have stumped you. I forgot Vikings are your school mascot, that makes it a little biased, but I agree with you. Vikings were a lot more organized and would win in a battle with lazy, drunk pirates.

morganne said...

Pam Beesley?? Seriously?

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

K, two things i cannot figure out. 1st, why would u ever want to live in Utah or Idaho??? And 2nd, viking ships didn't even come close to a football field's length. That is all, i have stated my peace.
~BIG Matt