Saturday, February 2, 2008

100 things about me-Part 2

Due to the many requests, ok so there was only one, oh welll, I'm going to do another "100 things about me" list. Last time this was torture, because I ran out of things at about, oh, I don't know, #22, maybe #2, so I hope it's not like that again.

1. I cannot jump to save my life.
2. I'm going to put periods at the end of every one of these this time.
3. I won a 3-point shooting contest last year out of all the young men in my stake.
4. I got lucky.
5. Obviously, I've wanted to drive for a while, but now that I've started driver's ed, I CANNOT wait to drive.
6. I like to exercise.
7. I hate snow, a white Christmas, maybe even Christmas week, then I'm done.
8. I'm reading "The Count of Monte Cristo."
9. I'm really liking it.
10. When I was eight, I beat every single cub scout in my ward in an arm-wrestling competition.
11. I had diabetes at the time, but didn't know it yet.
12. Therefore, I was really skinny and I'm still amazed that I was able to beat everyone.
13. If you didn't know, I was diagnosed with diabetes on August 25, 2000.
14. I'm really, really nervous about how my story is going to do in the competition.
15. I changed my story again without posting it.
16. Through blogging, I've gotten to know my cousin in Idaho (Kate) and my cousin in California (Thomas) much better.
17. I get these pangs (is that a word) of sadness when I see people sitting alone, but I never go sit by them.
18. Wow, that realization really hurt.
19. I'm going to try to step out of my comfort zone next time I get one of those "pangs" of sadness.
20. Last summer when I was at pineview, my grandfather gave me a lesson (I don't know if that's the right word) about perfect people, and how Jesus wasn't the ONLY perfect person. At the time, it made so much sense, but I can't remember how he explained it now, I need to ask him about it again sometime.
21. I was very embarassed when I saw that every time I was writing the word "cemetery" in my story, I was spelling it "cemetAry"
22. I'm really worried that I made some huge mistake that somehow slipped past you (my readers) my mom, my dad, and me in my story.
23. Bubble Towes by Jack Johnson is an awesome song.
24. So is Better Together, also by Jack Johnson.
25. There are a lot of good songs.
26. Diabetes has never seemed like a big deal to me.
27. I am not excited for conditioning to start for soccer on Feb. 4.
28. In the back of my mind there is this little voice telling me that I'm not going to make the team.
29. I keep convincing myself that I've got a really good chance.
30. This is only #30. Oh dear.
31. If someone put a gun to my head today, and told me that if I didn't break my juggling record of 710 today, they were going to kill me, I'd be in big trouble.
32. A much easier way to say that is that I probably couldn't beat my juggling record today.
33. The first one was much more powerful.
34. In some ways, I feel that AP Euro is ruining my life.
35. My little brother Nate is incredible at soccer.
36. He needs a piece of humble pie a lot.
37. Although I may not always say this, I really do like being a big brother.
38. I hope that someday I get the chance to beat the crap out of someone who deserves it, you know, like they were going to hurt someone, or they punched a girl or something.
39. I think that I'm finally starting to look like the person who I think I should look like.
40. That kinda made it sound like I have someone in particular that I want to look like, but that's not what I meant.
41. Hopefully you get what I meant, because I don't want to explain it.
42. Apple is so much better than windows, it really doesn't matter what anyone says, I've used both, it's the plain and simple truth.
43. When someone is quoting a movie, and they don't get the wording just right, I say it the right way, acting like I'm just repeating and laughing, but it's really because I have to correct them.
44. That was also a hard realization to accept.
45. One of my biggest challenges is tending my next door neighbor, Sam, when my mom is gone. I have very little patience for him.
46. It's because of this little smile he gets when he knows he's bugging the crap out of me, and he knows he's doing something wrong, but he does it anyway, because he knows that I can't/won't put him on timeout or anything.
47. I read Harry Potter 7 in three days.
48. I don't consider myself a Harry Potter nerd.
49. I, use, commas, way, too, much,,.
50. I think that there's a very good chance that we all see colors differently, that my green is your blue, etc.
51. Then again, I don't think that anyone sees white and black differently.
52. I'm red-green colorblind.
53. The steak that I got from Timbermine was probably the best thing that I've ever put in my mouth.
54. I get along really well with my high school band teacher even though I’m not that fond of him, weird.
55. This one is going to be a shocker: I really love BYU football.
56. I don’t think that I get to find out how I did in my story until spring.
57. I really love inspiring quotes.
58. “We must never be afraid to go to far, for success lies just beyond,” Is one of those quotes.
59. Our block of church now starts at 2 p.m., the graveyard shift.
60. Because we are the last ones out of the building, the young men are in charge of emptying the garbage throughout the church.
61. This includes (brace yourself) the girls bathroom! I’ve been in the girls bathroom! It was weird!
62. I have very little patience for people who beg for negative attention.
63. Something that really drives me crazy is the lack of tryout for band at Viewmont High.
64. And yet we wonder why our band isn’t that great. (Hmm, let’s think)
65. I just got a really awesome marimba part for ensemble.
66. Outside of my immediate family, the person that knows me the most is Alex Crowley.
67. For that matter, I think I know him more than I know anyone outside my family as well.
68. “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley is one of my favorite poems.
69. “The Soul’s Captain” by Orson F. Whitney, which was written in response to Invictus, is even better.
70. You should look up both of those and read them.
71. “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost, is the best poem of all time.
72. I really like Crown Burger.
73. I have a challenge for Morgan Seeley, (I really hope I spelled that right) my cousin, to comment on this post.
74. I have another challenge for every single person who reads this to comment.
75. It’s supposed to snow AGAIN tonight, Sunday and Wednesday, I can’t take it anymore.
76. I just decided that I’m moving to Ecuador.
77. I think they eat guinea pig in Ecuador.
78. Maybe I’ll just move to SoCal.
79. My request to go to EFY this year got rejected.
80. That makes me very sad.
81. Even though it bugs most of my friends, I love the movie Groundhog Day.
82. No matter how old I get, I will always look forward to my super-extended family get-together on the 4th of July.
83. I will also always look forward to our Crowley-Judd get-together for New Years.
84. Ever since I read “My Side of the Mountain” I’ve had this desire to go gather some acorns, (which I can now get from my own yard) grind them up, use the powder as flour, and make pancakes.
85. If I ever do get around to doing that, they’ll probably taste really nasty.
86. I don’t think that there are 15 more things about me.
87. I’ve never thought that sliced bread was really all that great, some guy figured out how to make bread, and didn’t want to eat the whole flippin’ thing, so he cut it up. Big whoop!
88. Now a toilet, that is a brilliant invention.
89. Some days, and I hope it’s like this for everyone, I’d really just rather sit at home, pig out on crap, and watch tv.
90. As far as I know, I don’t get to find out anything on my story until spring.
91. From what I can see outside, spring is a long way away.
92. I have a young-men’s basketball game today.
93. I also have an indoor soccer game.
94. I also plan on exercising in-between those to work off the crown burger and nielsen’s frozed custard that I had last night.
95. Fat chance.
96. No pun intended.
97. My previous biology teacher tried to tell us that the sun is 10,000 light-years away.
98. I called him on it.
99. The sun is actually .0001 light-years away, about 93,000,000 million miles.
100. The happiest moment of my life up until today would have to be a three-way tie, watching Johnny Harline cradle the ball in his arms, getting up on one ski, and scoring my first goal (well at least for a long time) in competition soccer.

11 comments:

heidi said...

Is there a Nielsen's (That felt wierd to spell:) Frozen Custard up here?!
I liked your list Shua! Very interesting! You are fabulous!

Tiffany said...

I love your list. I, also, use, too, many, commas! (Is it genetic???) And your comment about sliced bread? Hilarious!

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

I totally agree with #50! I have thought about that a ton! Oh and #81, I love that movie! Isn't today Groundhog Day? Did you realize that #56 and #90 were the same thing though, only in very slightly changed wording?

Kate said...

A few comments on my favorites:
5. Driving's the best.
14. Don't be.
16. I've enjoyed your blog too.
21. I didn't notice.
37. I like being the oldest too.
38. I love that being a girl gives me the privledge of punching and not getting punched. :)
43. Me too! I'm really picky about people getting movie quotes right.
55. I really don't.
57. Ditto. My favorite is "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
59. And I thought our 1 p.m. block was bad.
73. I'll twist his arm for you. (And you spelled it right)
79. Why? That's lame.
84. One of my favorite books. And I have that same desire to just see what they would taste like.
89. Amen.
98. Congratulations! I bet that so made your day.

Thomas said...

ya josh, dang your amazing! sorry you didn't get into efy! if it makes you feel better you could go and just pretend to be me, jk jk jk! but ya, i've gotten closer to you to through blogging!!! your awesome and keep up the cool posts!

Keri said...

Interesting to get inside the mind of Joshua John Crowley. Good job. I love reading your blog, but I seldom comment. Good luck with your story. We will be anxious to hear.

Johnny-Bravo-Wanna-Be said...

Just to set the record straight, i wasn't present during this so called "3-point competition." Anyways, i don't think i could think of 200 things about myself. Only like, 137 or something....

~BIG Matt

James said...

I feel the same way about people sitting by themselves.

I enjoyed the whole list.

You are an incredible person, and I look up to you a lot.

Anonymous said...

I will never, ever look at sliced bread and toilets quite the same.

You are amazing!

Jesse C said...

Great stuff Josh. You're very talented, and it's obvious you have a passion for expressing yourself creatively and improving. One thing you have to learn from your creative endeavors is to be able to separate yourself from your work. It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do because so much of you goes into your work. By learning to step back and look at your work objectively, you allow yourself to improve through critical analysis from yourself and those whose opinions you trust. It's something that I've struggled to achieve my whole life. I certainly haven't mastered it, but it is definitely worth striving for. That was long. Sorry.

jani vegas said...

Great post Josh!! And who is that nice person who took you to Crown Burger AND Nielsen's Frozen Custard in the SAME NIGHT?!!?! That's right--ME.