Sunday, September 6, 2009

Total Disbelief

Unbelievable. I am absolutely amazed. Go Cougs.

I want to apologize for my less than optimistic post. I was honestly just trying to be realistic and prep myself for what I thought was going to be a loss for BYU.

I stand corrected.

Now regarding what I'm sure I'll be hearing from Utah fans on Tuesday back at school:

Sam Bradford's injury:

I'm sure that there will be plenty of people who will say that if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt, they would have beaten us in the second half. Certainly the game changed after Bradford was out. No doubt about it, there is no replacing a player like that.

BUT

When Bradford left the game the score was 7-7. The only touchdown he scored on us was after we handed them the ball on our own 30-yard line on a fumbled punt return. We held one of the best quarterbacks in the nation (maybe the best) to 7 points and no one can say that we couldn't have done it again. I actually felt more worried for our defense in the second half when they were running the ball at us and moving the ball effectively.

Now if anyone says that Oklahoma was over-rated, they can go suck a lemon. They were not. We outplayed an incredible team. Period.

Watch out college football, the cougars are here to stay.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Goooooo COUGARS!!!

Jesse C said...

Crazy game. Well done blue mountain cats.

McKenzie said...

not to put a downer on things but... that's what we thought of the utes too ("here to stay"). but guess who both lost yesterday?


--morganne, btw