Thursday, September 24, 2009

Even Though I Should Be Trying To Figure Out My Stats Assignment Or Getting To Bed, I'm Writing This Poem. Because I Can

I am from the Crowley's
From slalom skiing and the gift-exchange.
And laughing till it hurts and serving with family.

I am from the Nilsen's
From staying up till 1 AM catching up with cousins
And listening to stories about my grandpa and grandma.

I am from soccer
From goals scored and juggling records broken
And sitting on the sideline and wanting to cry.

I am from Provo
From games before I could talk
And 66,000 screaming fans.


I am from lawn mowing
From loud music
And personal satisfaction.

I am from reading
From Harry Potter
And Where the Red Fern Grows.

I am from John
From hours of sports analysis
And home-teaching visits.

I am from Janet
From hot chocolate after soccer games
And long talks about life and girls.

I am from friends
From movies and Carl's Jr.
And pick-up basketball and life.

I am from life lessons
From working and bomb threats
And so much more to come.

6 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Much, much more. You are wonderful and wonderfully talented.

Kate said...

Can I say it again? You are so cool. I wish I could write poetry like you.

Leslie said...

I love it!! Thanks for writing it, and thanks for being such an awesome person!

sami said...

Joshua this is very lovely (:

Jesse C said...

I love it Josh. You are a top notch nephew.

Sambi said...

I am from friends
From movies and Carl's Jr.
And pick-up basketball and life.

^I love this stanza!

--Sam