Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Flashback

I'm graduating from High School next week. This reminded me of this experience:

I was probably about 9 or 10 years old. We were living at our old house (2 streets over from where we live now). I was sitting on my bedroom floor looking at the coin collecting book my parents got for me for my birthday, on the page for the state quarters. Each state's slot fell under the year its quarter would be released. I remember looking at the four slots for the year 2008 and my heart sinking.

"I'll be able to drive." I thought. And I started crying. Just the fact that this year was in the foreseeable future, that it was written in this book, scared me to death.

I don't cry about growing up any more, but it is weird to think that my life is going to change more than ever before in the next year. The next 3 months, really.

I'm so stoked. Bring on the world. Bring on college, mission, career, family. I know--I have invincible teenager syndrome. And I love it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I just went to what would have been my graduation (if I was normal and went to school) and my seminary graduation, so I've been having the same kind of thoughts and flashbacks. What I thought my HS years would be like and what they turned out to be are so different, but I wouln't have changed most of it. Isn't this a great time of life?

Oh, and yay for being invincible teenagers!! :)

Jesse C said...

I love it.

Leslie said...

You are going to rock this world!