Monday, June 9, 2008

An Update in the Life of J.J. Crowley

I'm working at Dick's Market in Centerville, it's a good job and I'm enjoying it.

I have a follow up appointment with the ENT on Wednesday.

I was seriously afraid of getting addicted to Lortab while I was on it.

I'm not.

I wrote a brilliant, critical, harsh e-mail to Amy Donaldson in response to her article in the Deseret News this morning. Any soccer fans who are in the mood to get mad, check out http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700233069,00.html.

I'm currently thinking about the next Trepidation-like project for this blog, it needs a little rejuvination.

I find out if I passed the AP test in the second week of July.

I'm the Viewmont Drumline Captain.

I'm on a new soccer team, after all that drama, I'm going to play for a brand new team where I'll get playing time and I already know a few of the players, plus they're at about the same level as the team I was playing with before.

I'm currently saving up for 3 things: a new Ipod (my old one died), texting for my phone, and money for boating.

9 comments:

morganne said...

So, I did look at the article, and I've gotta say, WHAT GAME IS SHE WATCHING?? Any European(or any professional national team) soccer games I've ever seen involve the stupid, fake injuries, where the players stay on the ground for half of the game!! Not quickly get up, like she said! Sure, they might receive the call in their favor, but most don't quickly get up off the ground, but rather roll around in "agony". Ugh, sorry, but it's the first thing that came to my mind.

Second, have you ever read and responded to the Reader's Forum that the Deseret Morning News has every day? I have, and let me just say, SOME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO DUMB.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the other stuff.
I will have to say though (and this isn't because i don't like soccer), her article was pretty much on the dot. I didn't disagree with much.

!Matt!

Superman Survivor said...

If you got addicted to Lortab, josh, that would be pretty unfortunate, but at the same time hilarious.

Jesse C said...

I don't know what they gave me for my wisdom teeth, but it made me really happy for no reason at all. I can see how people could get addicted to medication like that. Congrats on your drum line captaincy.

Lyle Jordan Parry said...

k well she mentions taking a timeout from the team... there's no freakin' timeouts in soccer! Yes, soccer players flop but not as much as she made it sound like and anybody that disagrees does not watch soccer at all. Flopping in the NBA is much more common than it is in European Soccer. Just watch Manu Ginobli sometime and you will see what I mean.

Thomas said...

captain of the drumline team, nice! dude, i'm seeing you in like a few weeks!!! school's out!!! look at my blog!!! and definitely get texting! it's worth it and i'll chat with you all the time!

heidi said...

I'm glad things are going well. I sure miss you guys! Make sure to save up for boating first so that we can go when I come back up there!

heidi said...

PS. Do we get any pictures of the cast on your nose?

Lindy-Lou said...

You are a fun guy - not to be confused with fungi. Bad joke. More details on the nose job please. And good resolution to the soccer dilemma.