Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So the Blogging Drought Begins

Well, it's here. In less than an hour, I will be set apart as a missionary to the Missouri St Louis Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will be an ambassador of the Lord. I will be on the Lord's time. I'm very nervous, but so excited. I know that this is where I need to be. Before I go, let me share with you my testimony.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know He lives. I know He is the very begotten son of a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us. I know that His plan is for us to return to Him. This has been made possible by the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love Them and want to serve Them with all of my heart. I know that these truths which we understand were restored to the earth by the prophet, Joseph Smith. The true priesthood is on the earth today. I have felt its power as I have exercised it worthily. The Book of Mormon is convincing evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that he restored the priesthood keys, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Kingdom of God on the earth. By reading the Book of Mormon, we invite the Spirit into our lives.

Most of you know that I am a very logical person. I don't think I'd call myself a skeptic, but I definitely appreciate evidence. Among logical people in the world, religion is not a popular topic. Many believe that you can't "prove" the points of religion. I contend quite the opposite. In Moroni 10, we are promised that if we will ask with a sincere heart, real intent, and faith in Christ, we can know if the Book of Mormon is true. By the very nature of that promise, a witness of the spirit is logical evidence that the Book of Mormon is true. I have read the Book of Mormon, and felt the spirit witness to my heart that it is indeed true.

I love you all so much. I will miss my family and friends so much, and I'm sure there will be tough days when I really miss home, but I have been called by a prophet of God, who communicates directly with my Heavenly Father, to serve the people of St. Louis. I'm not going to let them down. Pray for me, as I will pray for you. May the Lord bless you all as you keep his commandments and the honor covenants you have made.

See you in two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.