Monday, December 28, 2009

Osmosis of Science Knowledge.

I have now taken the ACT test three times. Once as a sophomore, once as a junior, and now once as a senior.

As a sophomore I scored a composite 30. I was thrilled with this score, and even more exciting was the well-roundedness of my score. My lowest sub-score (the subgroups are English, Math, Reading, and Science/Reasoning) was a 28 and my high a 31.

My junior year I scored a composite 31, which I was, again, very happy about. Unfortunately, my science sub-score dropped one point from a 30 as a sophomore to a 29, but I compensated by jumping my English score from a 30 to a 34.

Today I got my scores for the test. I scored a composite 31. Again. I know it is still a good score, but I'm really frustrated with myself. My science sub-score was a 25.

Twenty-five.

My stellar english score also dropped from a 34 to a 33. I really am not disappointed in the score itself. It's going to get me into BYU, which has been the goal since forever. I'm probably going to get a scholarship too, which is very good. I'm just disappointed in myself. If I had simply matched my score on the science portion from my sophomore year, I would have the 32 I was shooting for.

English Muffins! (That's my new curse word.)

4 comments:

Jesse C said...

Nice work man. All of your scores kick the trash out of my score. You are one smart cat.

Leslie said...

Oh, I understand your frustration, and I like your curse word. Just remember that most folks only dream of such a score! Way to go!!

Lindy-Lou said...

It sure is nice to have such smart, talented, and extremely fun grandchildren. I vote that you cut and paste your highest scores into one incredible total score. oh, wait: your scores are ALL incredible. What are you talking about?!?!? The door is open, the future beckons. Congratulations!!

Kate said...

Excellent scores either way. Congrats! That science test is pure torture. Torture with either panic during the test or with frustrating scores after. Or both. Nice curse word, by the way. I may borrow it.